Now there are so many different brands of automatic feeders online, and a wide range of features, one cooler than the other. So how exactly should you pick an automatic feeder? What are the advantages and disadvantages of different automatic feeders? What are the most important points to focus on when selecting an automatic feeder? This article will take you to reveal the secrets of automatic feeders.
Before chopping to buy an automatic feeder, we have to feel our conscience and ask ourselves: "$ 20 food bowl it does not smell? Why in the end buy an automatic feeder?"
Automatic feeders are mainly suitable for the following 3 scenarios.
- Business trips/travels/coming home for New Year's Eve and needing regular food refills.
- Pets eating too much in free-feeding mode and need to control the amount of food.
As a special mention, one study showed that some cats can control the amount of food they eat and maintain their weight in free-feeding; funny cat will continue to gain weight . Therefore, not all cats need to be supplied with food on a regular basis, and many cats can control their own mouths. When choosing a feeding method, the pooper scooper can give priority to observing how much the cat eats in a free-feeding situation.
If you (1) usually do not go away; (2) the pet is more self-disciplined (free feeding will not eat too much), or usually have a lot of time at home, you can manually give the cat a regular ration of food, then the automatic feeder is actually not functionally necessary.
What are the most important points that we need to focus on when selecting an automatic feeder?
All features need to be combined with the use of scenarios, so I have listed some of the more important concerns of automatic feeders, which are also the focus of later reviews.
- Whether the food is stuck.
- The accuracy of the weight of the grain dispensed.
- The storability of the grain (the tightness of the container).
- Whether it is easy to disassemble for cleaning.
- Whether it is convenient to clean without dead ends.
- The experience of using APP remote control.
- Whether the power and network outage can work normally
- Protection measures (whether the power cord is easy to be chewed off, whether it is easy for pets to accidentally touch the button, etc.)
After some evaluation, highly recommend cat backpack to everyone.